Tel: 01492 530555
Martin Harrison is a management consultant and trainer
who specialises in helping businesses to grow, develop, and improve their
efficiency and profit, by concentrating on their leadership, management,
competitiveness, customer service and on the processes that the business
uses in its day to day operations.
Over the past ten years we have assisted over 500 small
businesses with business review and business plans.
Typical reasons for these business reviews and business plans include:
- an independent overview of the business in order to provide advice
on how the business can be improved.
- a marketing plan in order to develop into a new area or improve the
methods for developing existing areas.
- succession planning. The owner wants to retire and needs a business
plan on how to change the business so that it is suitable to be sold
or handed over to their children.
- advise on mergers, or developing new products or services.
- to raise finance, either from a bank or from a mixture of long term
loans, overdraft facilities and grants.
A business review normally takes 2 days and a business plan
for a small business between three and five days. We spend the first day with the
owners / managers in your premises reviewing the business and how it
works. We then write the business review or the business plan, and discuss it with you in detail
on a return visit. The areas we normally cover include:
- Background and Profile of the Business - we need to understand
where you have come from.
- Mission, Objectives and Strategy - we help you to define where
you want to go and how you want to get there.
- Management and Organisation - we review with you the people that
are required to achieve the objectives.
- Services and Products - we review the past, present and future
services and products.
- Production or Delivery of the Service - we review how the
services or products are produced and delivered.
- Marketing - we review the existing marketing methods and make
recommendations as appropriate.
- Customer Care - we review customer care because this is
fundamental to the success of a business.
- Systems and Procedures - we review how you carry out your
operations and can advise on quality systems etc.
- Training - we help you to define what training and development
is required for yourselves and your staff.
- Financial - we review the financial control methods, and as
appropriate prepare budgets and cashflow forecasts.
- Business Plan - we address the specific requirements of the
business plan, eg. any finance required.