Tel: 01492 530555
Martin Harrison is a management consultant and trainer who specialises in helping businesses to grow, develop, and improve their efficiency and profit, by concentrating on their leadership, management, competitiveness, customer service and on the processes that the business uses in its day to day operations.
Over the past ten years we have assisted over 100 small businesses with business plans and mentoring.
The business planning and mentoring projects are normally for 12 days spread over a year. The purpose of the project is to help the business through a critical stage. The process starts with reviewing where the business is and where it wants to get to. This is written as a detailed business plan which we then assist you to implement over the next 12 months.
Typical reasons for the business planning and mentoring projects have included:
· The business wanted to double in size from £750,000 turnover to £1.5 million.
· Launching a new product
· Setting up the management team
· Move from commodity products to partnering products
The process is in two phases. Phase 1 is to carry out a strategic review of the business, where you are at present and where you want to go to. This strategic review would be presented as a detailed business plan with full budgets and cashflows. This phase typically takes 5 days and is spread over 2 months.
Phase 2 is to implement the plan which typically takes 7 days over the next 10 months made up of a visit for half a day every three weeks.
The main subjects covered include:
· Defining and clarifying of the type of business you want to be and the products that you want to offer.
· Defining the marketing strategy and help with implementing it.
· Defining the customer service requirements and standards and ensuring that you meet them. Defining the appropriate customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
· Defining the appropriate organisation structure and the management / leadership skills associated with the organisation structure, ie management team, budgets, delegation and empowerment.
· Reviewing the internal processes and systems and generally assisting you to implement a quality management system.
· Reviewing the management information systems (and accountancy systems) and determining the most appropriate way to control costs. Defining the key performance indicators and assisting you to implement them.